Murrayville Mixed Animal Clinic Companion Animal Veterinary Services
Murrayville Mixed Animal Clinic
Here at Murrayville Mixed Animal Clinic, we place an emphasis on preventative medicine. We highly recommend annual physical examinations and preventative care such as annual heartworm and parasite testing to extend your pet's lifespan as long as possible.
Some of the services we offer are:
- Wellness Examinations or Checkups - During a wellness exam, our veterinarians will start out by taking your pet's vital signs. Typically, your veterinarian will ask for a complete history of your pet's health, including eating habits, exercise, unusual behavior, etc. We will then do a comprehensive examination of your pet from nose to tail. These exams are important to identify mild changes that might indicate an early disease process.
- Parasite Screening - We recommend annual heartworm testing and fecal analysis. Heartworms and fecal parasites can be detrimental to your pet's health, not to mention some fecal parasites are transmittable to humans. To prevent against these parasites, we also recommend monthly heartworm prevention that will also protect your animal against most intestinal parasites.
- Flea Prevention - We are always available to discuss the best ways to protect your pets from fleas. We can give advice tailored to your pet's own needs, including product information, treating your house, and treating the pet's environment.
- X-ray Capabilities - Our clinic is equipped to perform routine radiology services to identify many types of illness or injury when pets are sick or suffer a trauma. X-rays can be used to identify a variety of ailments including arthritis, tumors, and lung abnormalities including pneumonia and bladder or kidney stones. They are also used to evaluate bone damage, organ integrity, and to identify foreign objects that may have been ingested.
- Microchipping - Murrayville Mixed Animal Clinic knows how important your pets are to you. Thousands of pets become lost every day, and microchip identification is the one reliable way to reunite these lost pets with their owners. The procedure is safe, easy, inexpensive, and practically painless.
- Surgery - Here at Murrayville Mixed Animal Clinic, we are capable of performing all sorts of common procedures such as spaying and neutering, declawing, exploratory surgeries, tumor removals, and much more. We place an emphasis on safety and pain management. We recommend blood work prior to surgery to assess the health status of your pet prior to anesthesia. We also closely monitor your pet's vitals while under anesthesia.
- Dental Care - We recommend routine dental examinations and dental cleanings to prevent dental disease. Dental disease can affect many of your pet's important organ systems including kidneys, the heart, and the liver.
- Geriatric Screening - At Murrayville Mixed Animal Clinic, we recommend that older pets undergo annual blood work and urinalysis (urine testing). We believe that these services will allow us to detect early disease in your older pet and allow us to address it before it is too late.
- Emergency Services - Please call us with all of your after-hour emergencies. Our answering machine service will direct you to the number of the veterinarian on call where you will be able to speak to one of our caring vets and receive in-clinic medical assistance if necessary.
Need more details or an estimate? Please feel free to contact us. We are waiting to address all of your questions and concerns. Call us at 217-673-4870 or visit us at 607 IL Highway 267.